Thursday, October 28, 2010

Welcome friends...

I have tried to keep reading and writing philosophy since graduating college, but it has been a Sisyphusian effort without sounding boards. It would seem that, for me, philosophy requires people with which to discuss and argue the subject matter. Philosophy is social for me; doing it by myself seems kind of boring and intellectually masturbatory. So, I am enlisting the help of some of my favorite people whose acquaintance I was pleased to make during my philosophical escapades in college, to form a philosophy book club of awesomeness, the likes of which have... probably been seen before. But it's still awesome! Anyway, welcome to the discussion.

2 comments:

  1. I feel welcome.

    And it is true. One cannot do philosophy in a cave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter WHAT Plato said... :)

    ReplyDelete